Yellow Corn vs Sweet Potato
Which one is more calories, protein, vitamin – what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There are Fewer Calories in Corn
At first glance, you can see that corn is just a little fewer calories than the sweet potato.
Corn has 86 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 0%.
In corn and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
Fact 2: Corn And Sweet potato Nutrition Difference
- Calories: sweet potato – 0% more than corn
- Carbohydrates: sweet potato – 8% more than corn
- Fat: corn – 2600% more than sweet potato
- Dietary fiber: sweet potato – 50% more than corn
- Protein: corn – 104% more than sweet potato
Sweet potato vs Corn: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
More protein in corn
It is aslo easy to see see that in corn is more protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 3.27g per 100g of corn so using simple math we can see that difference is about 104%.
Less carbohydrates in corn
In corn is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 18.7g/100g in corn so let me do the math for you again – difference is about 8%.
Vitamins: sweet potato vs corn
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 99% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 11% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 218% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 12% more than corn
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato 125% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): corn 282% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: corn 183% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato 271% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 500% more than corn
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 53081% more than corn
Minerals: corn vs sweet potato
- Calcium: sweet potato 1400% more than corn
- Iron: sweet potato 17% more than corn
- Magnessium: corn 48% more than sweet potato
- Potassium: sweet potato 25% more than corn
- Sodium: sweet potato 267% more than corn
- Zink: corn 53% more than sweet potato
Share with your friends if you like this post. Tell us your opinion in the comment below.
One thought on “Yellow Corn vs Sweet Potato”
I like your writing style really enjoying this internet site.